Beacon Lighting operates two distribution centres located in Derrimut and Parkinson. Carbonetix has been engaged to do an energy assessment to perform a feasibility study and produce a solution to reduce high power bills that consisted of up to 28% demand charges of the entire bill.
A battery storage system was considered alongside an expansion of the sites’ existing rooftop solar PV system. A battery system would complement the expansion of solar PV by enabling greater demand control and enhancing the on-site consumption of solar generation.
The following factors were taken into consideration whilst producing this solution:
- Current electricity rates and demand profile;
- Location and roof suitability;
- System sizing, solar generation curve and annual yield;
- Solar market, providers, and technical explanations;
- Capital costs of a solar system, including a comprehensive breakdown of payback period and long-term electricity and cost savings.
|Site||Total Project Cost||$ Savings p.a.||GHG emissions saving p.a.||(tCO2e-) Return on Investment|
|Derrimut||$ 164,265||$ 25,677-||102.2||7.18 years|
|Parkinson||$ 184,314||$ 35,704-||105.8||5.74 years|