Once you start listening for climate positive stories or examples you’ll find lots to be inspired by. I’ve heard quite a few of them over the last 18 days. Here are seven quick examples of organisations that have saved money and greenhouse gas by cutting their use of energy.
- University of New South Wales mail centre – Fuji Xerox helped them achieve a 23% reduction with new copiers and printers / consolidation of machines.
- Airbus – the new A380 uses 40% less fuel per passenger km than aircraft of 25 years ago.
- Google server rooms – use less than half the energy of a typical server room of the same capacity.
- Dell computers saved over USD$1 million by improving the computer switch off practices of its staff.
- The leading Sustainability Street (a program run by Vox Bandicoot) – cut greenhouse emissions by 49%.
- Gaden’s Lawyers cut energy consumption by 20% through behaviour change. No capital cost.
- Logistics company Linfox is aiming to cut its emissions by 15% by 2010. A driver training program is already making a significant contribution to the achievement of this target.
Now that’s climate positive! How much could you save?