A new survey of attitudes on the environment has found that most Victorians believe the state government has a responsibility to reduce greenhouse pollution. Among the survey’s major finding are:
- 76 percent of Victorians expect State Government action to reduce greenhouse pollution
- Massive public support for renewable energy and energy efficiency, while support for coal founders
- Just 22 percent of Victorians think the 2km wind farm buffer is fair
- Both ‘rusted on’ Coalition voters and ‘soft’ Coalition voters want more clean energy
- Conducted by Essential Media Communications and commissioned by Environment Victoria, the poll questioned 1000 people last December and January and is one of the most detailed surveys of community attitudes on the environment ever undertaken in the state.