The content of this Victorian Government website is provided for information purposes only. No claim is made as to the accuracy or authenticity of the content on this site at any time
The Victorian Government and this agency (Sustainability Victoria) does not accept any liability to any person for the information or advice (or the use of such information or advice) which is provided on this web site or incorporated into it by reference.
The information on this website is provided on the basis that all persons accessing the site undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content. Sustainability Victoria does not accept any liability for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance placed upon the content of this website.
The information contained in the website is to be displayed in full screen format only. No liability is accepted for any information or services which may appear in any other format. No responsibility is taken for any information or services which may appear on any linked websites.
This policy explains how Sustainability Victoria collects, uses and discloses personal information, including through our websites. Sustainability Victoria is bound by and adopts the Information Privacy Principles set out in Schedule 1 of the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic) ("Act"). Sustainability Victoria views the protection of personal information as an important issue and is committed to the protection and responsible handling of personal information it collects. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time.
Sustainability Victoria was established under the Sustainability Victoria Act 2005 (Vic). As an agency of the Victorian Government, we are a catalyst for sustainable growth and development in Victoria. We bring together the knowledge and capabilities of people, organisations and communities to deliver integrated social, economic and environmental outcomes.
Our vision is that Victorians use resources sustainably to support a thriving community and economy.
Your Personal Information
Personal information is information about you, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which your identity could reasonably be ascertained. The types of personal information we may collect includes name, gender, address, telephone numbers, email contact details, occupational details, certain details about your personal interests, images of you, and other information relevant to the business activities undertaken by Sustainability Victoria from time to time.
Where Sustainability Victoria requests that you provide your personal information and you elect not to provide it, Sustainability Victoria may not be able to provide you with some or all of its services.
Collection of Personal Information
Sustainability Victoria collects personal information from a variety of sources, including:
* communications between you and Sustainability Victoria, including via email, telephone or in writing (for example, surveys, feedback forms, registration for events, competitions and promotions, online inquiries)
* your participation in discussions, forums and interviews with Sustainability Victoria (including, for example, by filming or recording you) and promotions or competitions organised by Sustainability Victoria
* when you access or register on Sustainability Victoria's websites (including www.resourcesmart.vic.gov.au, www.sustainability.vic.gov.au and www.saveenergy.vic.gov.au) * from publicly available sources of information.
Information is collected, wherever possible, from you directly. Sustainability Victoria will collect your personal information lawfully, fairly and without undue intrusion. At the time your personal information is collected, Sustainability Victoria will take reasonable steps to advise you whether there are any consequences of not providing that information. Sustainability Victoria will not collect sensitive personal Information about you (for example, information about your racial or ethnic origin) unless Sustainability Victoria first obtains your consent.
Collection of Personal Information
The personal information you provide to Sustainability Victoria gives valuable insights into the views of Victorians on sustainability issues. This information can, in turn, help Sustainability Victoria to achieve its goals of finding and communicating new and effective ways for Victorians to live and work sustainably. To do this, Sustainability Victoria may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including research and analysis. Sustainability Victoria may also send you information and updates about Sustainability Victoria's initiatives, events and services and provide you with information, news and updates relating to sustainability and leading a sustainable lifestyle. If you do not wish to receive these updates or information, please email email@example.com. Sustainability Victoria also uses personal information for the purpose(s) that are communicated to you at the time of collection (or a related purpose that you would reasonably expect). Sustainability Victoria may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as:
* web monitoring service providers
* other government and regulatory authorities and other organisations (as required or authorised by law)
* its profession advisors (such as auditors)
* organisations that assist Sustainability Victoria to conduct research or analyse data
* other organisations that assist Sustainability Victoria to provide services to you from time to time
We take reasonable steps to ensure these third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Data Quality and Security
Sustainability Victoria will take reasonable steps to:
* ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date (however, the accuracy or your information depends on the information you provide and whether you keep Sustainability Victoria updated on changes)
* protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and securely destroy personal information if it is no required for any purpose
Sustainability Victoria has implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to help protect the personal information that is under its control. However, while Sustainability Victoria strives to protect your personal information, Sustainability Victoria cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it online.
You have a right to access your personal information. In accordance with the Act, requests for access should be made via formal application under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic) (though in certain circumstances requests may be dealt with by Sustainability Victoria without the need to make formal application). Charges may apply to cover the cost of accessing and providing this information to you. Requests for access should be sent to Sustainability Victoria at the contact details listed at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
Wherever it is practicable and lawful, Sustainability Victoria will allow you to interact anonymously with us.
Sustainability Victoria uses a variety of web monitoring technologies (via third party service providers) to gather information to assist in improving the sites and making them more user-friendly. These technologies include:
* Clickstream Data: Clickstream data refers to visitor logs and statistics about the path a user takes while using a site. This technology is used purely for statistical purposes (such as tracking unique browsers to the sites)
* Cookies: Cookies are small data files that are placed on a user's hard drive, which are used to collect statistical information each time a user accesses a site (for example, the number of visits to the website, documents viewed, how the site is navigated and the type of search engine used to arrive at the site)* Web Beacons: A web beacon is a technology that records/monitors web page usage and activities
You may be able to disable or avoid some of these technologies by adjusting your Internet browser settings, though doing so may prevent you from taking advantage of improvements to the sites. Importantly, at no time can individual users be identified from the data collected via these means.
Any questions relating to the Privacy Statement or your personal information can be directed to:
50 Lonsdale St
Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph: +61 (03) 8626 8700
Fax: +61 (03) 9663 1007