|SETS - School Environment Tracking System
What has been the benefit of your school's environmental program? How many litres of water have you saved, or how many tonnes of greenhouse gas pollution? What has been the quantifiable benefit of your sustainable schools program? If you can't answer these questions then you need the School Environment Tracking System.
"You can't manage what you don't measure"
Do you know the cost of energy, water and waste to your school? Do you know the environmental impact of your school? The tonnes of Greenhouse Gas, the millions of litres of water and tonnes of waste.
The School Environment Tracking System
We developed SETS because after years of searching the only energy management programs we could find that were any good were stand alone systems (ie one user only) that cost thousands of dollars. Now, to many schools a effective energy monitoring program would be worth thousands of dollars in benefits. Identifying in May that your gas use is unusually high, and acting on it, will save hundreds of dollars in August in a smaller school, and thousands in a large school. Being able to tell the school community just how many thousands of millions of litres of water you have saved raises your standing in the community, with the multiple benefits that brings. If you apply for an award for environmental excellence, and you can make your submission sparkle with tables, graphs and numbers quantifying the savings, this could give you the edge that makes your school the winner.
SETS is used by hundreds of schools across Australia and is always being improved.
- Timely, accurate tracking of your school's environmental impacts and costs.
- Tables and charts that enable you to accurately communicate with your school community.
- Automatic alerts and reminders - reports are pushed to you, you don't have to go looking for them.
- The ability to compare your school with other schools.
- Helps you manage and control your energy and water usage and the amount of waste you generate.
- Embodies the experience of Australia's leading school energy services provider.
- Quantify to funding organisations what their grant to your school has achieved. When you can quantify, you can generate great case studies - something every funding organisation loves. And getting a case study about your school in a brochure distributed nationally or around the state can be pretty beneficial to your school
For more information, please visit our School Energy Savings website.