CarbonetiX helps its customers cost effectively cut their energy costs, energy use and carbon emisisons through energy efficiency and energy conservation.
Formerly known as Energy Doctor, and presently employing 12 staff, CarbonetiX is based in Frankston, Victoria, and has operated since 2002.
An a company focussed on energy efficiency and energy conservation we have tried to keep energy consumption to our office at a minimum. In 2008 our energy consumption was 30 kWh per square metre. To put this in context this is lower than any of Australia’s famous green buildings. One of our blog postings shows how we did this – see https://carbonetix.com.au/wwx/blog/?p=109
“CarbonetiX are playing a key role in the implementation of Darebin's Climate Change Action Plan… I have no hesitations in strongly recommending CarbonetiX to other organizations interested in saving energy and reducing emissions”
- Michelle Bennett, Environmental Strategy Coordinator, Darebin City Council
CarbonetiX has worked with the owners and operators of thousands of buildings ranging from small schools to large commercial and industrial premises, in Victoria, NSW, Queensland, South Australia, Northern Territory and Tasmania. Some of the organisations we’ve worked with include:
- Victorian Department of Human Services
- Country Road
- Departments of Education in Victoria, Tasmania and the Northern Territory
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Sustainability Victoria
- V8 supercar racing
- Over 30 local Governments, from large (eg City of Melbourne) to small (eg Loddon Shire)
- The Melbourne Supreme Court
- The Royal Darwin Hospital
- Sara Lee Household and Body Care
- Over 200 schools (from large private colleges such as Scotch College down to small primary schools)
- AGL Energy
- Northern Health
- Various water businesses (eg Melbourne Water, Gippsland Water, Coliban Water etc)
- Mission Australia.
- Melbourne Metropolitan Fire Brigade
- Museum Victoria
CarbonetiX is managed by Bruce Rowse (B Eng (Mech), MBA). Bruce is a member of the Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heating (AIRAH) and the Alternative Technology Association. He also holds a “D” class electrical licence.
Key staff include:
- Nick Davis, B.Sc, MBA, Engineering Manager. Nick has a background in process control and production engineering. Nick also holds an ‘E’ grade electrical licence.
- John Richardson, Systems Manager. John has been instrumental in developing SETS and CarbonmetriX to suit customer requirements.
- Linton Hartfield, B. Syst. Eng., Lead Engineer. Linton is a member of AIRAH and has a proven record of delivered energy savings, including Hobson’s Bay City Council, Shepparton Shire Council, DHS and Melbourne Water.
- Mark Akester, B. Env. Eng , Water and waste auditor, Carbon Accounting. Mark has over 10 years experience in water and waste auditing and grant applications for clients. He has had considerable success in reducing water consumption, increasing water harvesting, and reducing and recycling waste for clients.
- Regina McLeod, Greenhouse Gossip Program Manager. Regina is a recognised local identity in the promotion of a more sustainable lifestyle and has a passion for behavioural change.
- Lynda Karinja, Administration Manager. Lynda makes things happen